Business Ethics : A Corporate Advantage
What Advantages do Business Practices Programs Provide to Organizations?
Business leaders increasingly recognize the direct relationship between fulfilling a companys responsibilities and corporate survival. An effective business practices program ensures:
- A Marketplace Advantage: Customers and investors cite corporate practices and values as primary considerations in their decision-making.
- Superior Employee Performance: Companies with sound business practices and established values report improved employee morale, reduced employee turnover and increased productivity.
- Reputation Management: Once damaged by scandal or unethical behavior, a companys reputation may never recover - resulting in lost revenue, low employee morale and increased governmental and public scrutiny. Emphasizing responsible business conduct is the surest means of preserving a companys intangible assets.
Duration: 1 day workshop
Ethics Workshop covers:
- What is professional ethics?
- Why are ethics relevant?
- How does your profession and company differ from others?
- What is relationship between ethics and leadership?
- Using position for private gain
- Preferential treatment
- Impeding efficiency or economy
- Losing independence or impartiality
- Making decisions outside of official
- Adversely affecting the confidence
to resolve dilemmas
- Understanding terms of reference
- Professional business ethics
- Selfless service
- Sources of professional principals
- Ethical decision making
- The ethical model
- Ethical filters
- Ethical responsibilities
of interest and general prohibitions
- Affiliations and financial interests
- Other dealings and solicitations
- Accepting honoraria and other external
forms of payment
- Travel rewards programs and other
- Gifts and donations
- The use of organizational facilities,
property and personnel
- Gambling, betting and lotteries
- Telephones, cars and credit cards
- Handling ethics violations
How can Key2Careers assist you in developing the Ethics Infrastructure?
Development of Ethics Infrastructure
Every company should designate an individual or an office to guide the companys business ethics or responsibility initiative. We can help you define the function, responsibilities and reporting structure of your ethics infrastructure. Key2Careers organizes Business Ethics Training Workshop in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, USA, California, New York and Middle East. We assist you in developing the Ethics Infrastructure. These Business Ethics Workshops provide an interdisciplinary forum for business leaders to explore the ethical dilemmas confronting the business community.
Development and Implementation of Customized Code Documentation
While generic code documents are readily available, they will not likely address the key issues and risks of your organization. Key2careers works closely with organizations to help them develop customized code documents - grounded in best practice research - that respond to the unique needs of an organizations markets and employees. We can also provide expert guidance and assistance in advancing the stage of code development to that of actual implementation.
Design and Delivery of Educational and Training Programs
Codes of conduct alone do not effectively promote responsibility and integrity in the workplace or sufficiently communicate a corporate commitment to integrity. Key2careers can develop and deliver comprehensive education and training programs - tailored to functional, management, and regional requirements - to increase employees abilities to understand and to apply the values and standards of an organization to situations that may arise in the workplace.
Course Outlines for 2-3 day Workshops available on request.